[DeTomaso] Demon Carb Feedback Wanted

michael at michaelshortt.com michael at michaelshortt.com
Mon May 5 18:05:27 EDT 2008

Looking for feedback on Demon carbs.

I currently have a Holley 750 DL/DP.

I see several areas that need attention, I think the power valve is shot and
while it runs great when moving, the idle is not steady and the electric
choke seems to work up to the point of "make me feather the throttle until I
hate it" until the car warms up.

Prices for rebuilding the Holley are over 60% the cost of a whole new Demon
with a billet base and other claimed benefits.

A model # 5402010GC / 750 cfm was recommended to me by their tech guy for my
engine.

393 stroked / Yates NASCAR Heads / Roller Camshaft
advertised .275 / 284
234/244 @ o50
Gross Lift .570/572 /1.73
2,500-6,000 /  7,500 redline.

Any users of this thing out there?

>From the photo I don't see an electric choke, so how's that work?

Thanks,

Michael in Savannah

--
Michael L. Shortt
Savannah, Georgia
michael at michaelshortt.com
912-232-9390

privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
communication is strictly prohibited. Please reply to the sender that you
have received this message in error, then delete it. Thank you