[DeTomaso] DeTomaso Digest, Vol 46, Issue 5-Vegas Track

RCBSONS1 at aol.com RCBSONS1 at aol.com
Mon May 5 13:06:10 EDT 2008

Finally back to the real world after a great week

I had my first off road excursion with the Pantera and
actually with any car ever... I never saw so many cameras after
I pulled into the pits sorta like being a rock star

I have two stories for my spin

The first version is at the end of the day I noticed
Jimmey, Roger and Ron (our dedicated track workers) were pissing in the
corner
where I spun so I am sure that is what I hit and caused
my misfortune.

My second story is that I still remember last
year Roger not letting a girl go on the track with
a sun dress... so she got out and stripped down to
her skivies and put on long pants and a shirt in front of every one.... I made
sure I checked this part of the track every lap and that
is the same place my spin took place.

The Race In brief:
Charlie Puckett was the fastest Pantera and
walked thru the pack like we were all standing sitll
Klas from San Diego was bugging me most of the race
with his 2002 Bmw and would not let me cool the oil
down in the car as it did peg again at over 300 after the
third lap despite the oil cooler being properly plumbed.
He drives the wheels off the car... Mark Mensen with his
Roush motor has come light years in the last couple of
years and looks like he is on rails....Chirs Quals bailed
on his Pantera and was the hired gun in the Nascar Truck
and smoked us all but did have to coast accross the finish
line as he lost the power steering belt which also
powers his water pump.    Larry Stock had some handling
issues after twiisitng the car up at another track venue.

Best part every one had a great time with no bent cars
although in the first laps it was close a few times.

Bob Benson-  Black #3

Ps  Glad I brought the Pantera in lieu of the Mustang
      Now with a few rock chips the Trailer queen is back
      as a Race Car

favorites at AOL Food.