[DeTomaso] The NORC/Silver State May Update! Re: Hotel Nevada Reservation available for Silver State

Mad Dog Antenucci teampantera at yahoo.com
Sun May 4 17:33:53 EDT 2008

Scott!

You are out? Very sorry to hear that.

Wot a bummer... Art is now also out, John 'JB' Bentley is out, Larry Stock is out....at least 2-3 other veteran ORR Pantera's are also out as well as a couple other rookies who have been saying for 5-10 years they were planning to go!  And don't even get me started on all the old Pantera owners who have bought new Vettes, GT's or Vipers! ;-]>

Is there any good news that comes out of all this bad news?  Yea, there is. First off, the Vegas POCA event was a blast.  I met at least 3 new Pantera owners over the weekend who want to ORR their Panteras later this year.  God knows we need some new blood.  I saw more guys wearing new TPR shirts and hats  then I have ever seen race in Texas, Nevada, Nebraska or Mexico.  But all of them looked good too.  That is because AJ did such a good job on the TPR mechandizing!  If he sells a Pantera ORR video game next year I know that will be the end of the line for racing Panteras! And the worst part is I saw AJ sitting with Curt over in a corner talking about racing for 20 minutes before I realized they were talking about a video race game. ;-]>

After a long absence Curt Toumanian was back at Vegas this weekend with his buddies... having a great time and looking to buy a replacement Panterathat he sold several years ago... so let him know if you know of anyone who has a Pantera, never drives or races it and wants to SELL! Wait a minute...that is half the guys in Orange County! HAHAHA;-]>

Curt "Tazmanian Devil" Toumanian  has definately got the fever again!!!

For the NORC this month, Jason "The Kid" Eaton and his bro Nick are definately ready to bump up in speed to a 145 Average (165 Tech) in their beautiful 406ci stroked Pantera.   They both ran the Pantera at the track this weekend.  I definately plan to finish the dyno tune on 'ItBWild' Monday or Tuesday and then we can chase down and pass the usual hordes of Vettes, Porsche's and Vipers at the NORC on the 18th.

So to Scott, Art, JB and all the rest of you homo's still wrenching, not wrenching or just thinking about running your Pantera or Mangusta at speed on a real 2-lane road for 100 or more miles you still have a month before the Bonneville 100 in June, and 3 months before the Pony Express in August and FIVE months before the Silver State in September.

If Michael "MF'r" Frazier can rebuild and PAINT his Pantera in less then 2 months, average more then a 120 Mph at the Texas Big Bend then  I expect the rest of you slackers to step up and do as well or better. oKAY TEAM ;-]>

P.S. Great POCA Event in Vegas and congratulations to all the guys who had Pantera's on the track at Pahrumph.

Scott Couchman <scottcouchman at yahoo.com> wrote: Because of some unresolved issues with my car, I'm not going to make the race this year.
I have a non-smoking reservation for Thursday/Friday/Sat night in the Hotel Nevada
Let me know if you need a room, or I'll call the hotel and just cancel it.

Be a better friend, newshound, and