[DeTomaso] High Torque Starter

John Maffeo johnmaffeo1 at yahoo.com
Sat May 3 18:32:56 EDT 2008

Mine has been in for about 12 months, no issues so far. I know that Dennis Yogi and Doug Braun have them as well. They even come with a warranty too, but I can't remembner how long it's for.

  John

Garth Rodericks <garth_rodericks at yahoo.com> wrote:
  This is the one I have, but I haven't installed it yet. I'll put it in when I put the new engine in
within a couple of months. I think John Maffeo recommended this one as the same one he
put in his car.

NEW FORD MINI PMGR STARTER 302 351 MANUAL TRANSMISSIONS
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-FORD-MINI-PMGR-STARTER-302-351-MANUAL-TRANSMISSIONS_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742Q2em153Q2el1262QQcategoryZ33576QQihZ004QQitemZ140228190060

Others have had success with it and it's a Great deal so I figured I couldn't go wrong to give
it a try, especially since the "name brands" cost sooooo much more (see examples below):

Summit Protorque (SUM-820055) $150
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=SUM%2D820055&N=700+4294908331+4294840125+4294889095+115&autoview=sku

Ford Racing (M-11000-A50) $182
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=FMS%2DM%2D11000%2DA50&N=700+4294908331+4294840125+4294889095+115&autoview=sku

Powermaster XS (9504) $233
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=PWM%2D9504&N=700+4294908331+4294840125+4294889095+115&autoview=sku

Powermaster Ultra (9403) $277
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=PWM%2D9403&N=700+4294908331+4294840125+4294889095+115&autoview=sku

Tilton Engineering (54-20013) $430
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=TIL%2D54%2D20013&N=700+4294908331+4294840125+4294889095+115&autoview=sku

Some of the starters listed above don't specify 351C in the Summit catalog. I merely
listed them for price reference. But for $49.95, I figured I couldn't go wrong with the the DB
Electrical HiTorque starter. If it lasts beyond 3 years, I'll be a happy camper.

Cheers!
Garth