[DeTomaso] Clutch info

ProvaMo.com Pantera007 at sbcglobal.net
Fri May 2 00:30:39 EDT 2008

In an effort to provide something for those not in Vegas right now...

I'm building a section on the clutch.  Still working on it, but I'll make a
few sections available now.

Right now I have a brief overview of the clutch system with diagrams.

The overview page also has a link to the Clutch Effort Reduction kit.
That page has a diagram of the parts of this kit, a photo of the retrofit
kit right out of a sealed DeTomaso bag...
I've just added a video clip of the under dash linkage showing how it
functions.  Kind of cool.  Some mechanical engineer may want to chime in on
exactly HOW this works... but you can at least see it in action.

There is also a link to the replacement of the Master & Slave task, that was
recently added.

I've also just added a page with some clutch (clutch, pressure plate, clutch
disc & flywheel) example photos for anyone that wanted to see the difference
between some diaphragm, centerforce, McLeod, 3-finger clutches.  I need to
finish this one too.

I have more stuff to add to the clutch section, like details specifically on
the slave cylinder, and the procedure to replace the clutch, and a section
titled:  "When Clutches Go Bad!"

I need to do the clutch replacement task myself, like 18 months ago....It
has been slipping big time for quite a while.

It seems like there were several people in my area that needed to do the
same...

Anyone up for a 3-4 car clutch replacement party?
(I know of at least two cars right now.  Contact me directly to pick a good
day common to us all (June-ish ???)

Chuck

Checked by AVG.
8:39 AM