[DeTomaso] European GTS model

Dagny Kristine Bakken dagny-kr at online.no
Thu May 1 15:58:14 EDT 2008

In addition,the early euro GTS cars kept the frontplate and frontbumper
arrangement from the pre-L models.Im not sure when exactly the GTS received
the pods for turn/parking lights and the small bumpers,but salesbrochures
from late 70`s clearly show them on pods like on the other cars.Our October
73 built ,74model pantera GTS, number 6383 has the pre-L treatment.It also
have Detomaso script,but withought any clock or traces of one ever
mounted.The dash is steel with foampadding covered with mousehair.Maybee im
wrong, but i thought that it was only the RHD cars that were fitted with
fiberglass dash,and the fact that they nearly all were GTS models,led
someone to belive that fiberglass dashes were standard on the GTS model,just
my guess :)

Øyvind Bakken