[DeTomaso] Intake manifold tilt

Ken Green kenn_green at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 31 14:08:46 EDT 2008

Doug,

      Is the angle change small enough that the studs/bolts still line up OK?

  Ken

Doug Braun <doug at silicondesigns.com> wrote:
  Sean,

Keeping a flat carb mounting surface (so the carb seals) is more important
than the angle of the surface being spot on level. But if you're a stickler
for exactness, the carb surface is "level" when it's milled parallel to the
front and rear "s" shaped bottom areas of the manifold that seal against the
front and rear "S" shaped rails of the engine block valley. If you set the
manifold on a mill's table indexed to these "S" shaped surfaces, the
resulting milling will give you a level carb. Did mine this way and it
definitely solved the stalling on hard braking downhill problem I had.

Doug Braun
blue 73L #5505