[DeTomaso] Holley Problem

Art Stephens artstephens at charter.net
Mon Mar 31 12:30:05 EDT 2008

     It seems like my engine has always wanted to die when I step on the brakes with the car in neutral while coming to a stop.  The problem seems to be worse with the new intake manifold that is tilted as opposed to the previous level Blue Thunder.  I tried Jack's suggestion of running a piece of tubing from one vent to the other with a small vent hole drilled into the high point of the line,  no improvement.  Float level is set below the sight glass in the primary bowl.  Float level is set at the sight glass at the secondary bowl.  After the engine dies,  it blows a little black smoke when I fire it up,  so I figure it is flooding out.  How is that happening?  I don't understand how gas is getting out of the bowl and into the intake manifold?  I guess I just keep lowering float levels until the problem is solved or until the engine starves for fuel?

Art