[DeTomaso] u joint broken

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Mon Mar 31 01:58:54 EDT 2008

In a message dated 3/30/08 18 21 34, Edracers at aol.com writes:

>     I just found out that my driver's side outer u  joint is broken. Do I
> have to go to a Pantera parts house to get one or are  their standard u
> joints
> that I could obtain at a local auto parts store?
> Thanks for any information.

It's a Pantera-specific part, but thankfully now they are pretty cheap.

Don't let anybody sucker you into paying hundreds of dollars for 'heavy duty'
Spicer driveshafts.   There was never anything wrong with the stock
driveshafts; it was just the U-joints that were a known weak link.   For a long time,
replacement U-joints cost a fortune and it was cheaper to just replace the
entire driveshaft.   That is no longer true.

Plan on replacing ALL of them at the same time.