[DeTomaso] Stage 1 - Complete!

SOBill at aol.com SOBill at aol.com
Mon Mar 31 01:31:08 EDT 2008

Erik,

Sounds like have a solid car.

With stock ZF gears and 335/35-17 tires 2,500 rpm would be an  actual 65.6
mph with an indicated 67.7 mph.

At 3000 rpm, a Pantera with stock ZF and 255/60-15 rear  tires (i.e. OEM
stock size) will be traveling  81 mph.

The original Pantera H60V15 tires are 27.08 inches in  diameter.
Your 335/35-17 tires are 26.23 inches in diameter.
For every revolution of your rear tire the speedo will think it has  gone
103.24% (27.08/26.23) farther than it actually has gone. This means your  speedo
will indicate 3.24% faster than you are traveling.
At 90 mph indicated your GPS speed should have been  87.2 mph.

At _http://www.panteraplace.com/page32.htm_
(http://www.panteraplace.com/page32.htm)  you  will find a downloadable Excel spreadsheet which is just the
tool for these  calculations.

Have fun,

SOBill  Taylor
sobill at aol.com

In a message dated 3/30/2008 3:45:13 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,