[DeTomaso] Decklid Lock

Tomas Gunnarsson guson at home.se
Fri Mar 28 16:04:41 EDT 2008

The cylinder just slides back and forth through the body and is not part of the actual latch. Theoretically you should be able to actuate the latch from below the car but in real life the condenser shroud will make this very hard as will the presence of a luggage tray. Another possibility would be a bent piece of wire or strip of metal shaped to snake past the lid seal right above the button. The shape of this wire is of course best figured out with an open lid...

I've attached a (poor) pic FYI. The grey tongue sticking up from the goldish bracket is the latch "hook". If you pull it towards the back of the car the latch will release. You should be able to reach it if you can bend a wire to enter the gap sealed by the rubber seal.

Tomas