[DeTomaso] Clutch slave adjustment

P. Rimov rimov at charter.net
Thu Mar 27 22:26:58 EDT 2008

OK, once again I was not paying attention in class. Could some one shoot me the step by step instructions on how to adjust the clutch slave, properly.  And explain it to me like I was, lets see what's the best adjective, oh I know, slow. I have a long-throw slave, stock master and Pantera specific Centerforce.  What gap should exist between the arm and the stop screw. I have about a 3/16 inch worth of movement/travel from the were the throw-out carrier touches the back of the ZF snout and when the throw-out bearing just touches the clutch fingers. The manual says I should have between 1/4 to 7/16 inch free play. Once the lever arm stop is adjusted properly does the slave's piston then need to be pushed as far back into the cylinder as possible then the rod length adjusted with the piston fully compressed?

Thanks

Paul