[DeTomaso] Air Filter Woes

Mike Thomas mbefthomas at comcast.net
Thu Mar 27 20:51:03 EDT 2008

OK, so I downsized my air filter from a 14" to a 13" so it would clear my
new MSD distributor.  Now, when I tried to by a K&N element, the only
heights they offer in a 13" is 2.125" (too short) or 6" (too tall).  They do
offer a 13.125" element in 2.75" and 3.75" height, but now I have to try to
find a base and top for a 13.125".  It won't fit my Ford Motorsports 13"
can.

Have any of you run into this dilemma, and what have you done to solve it?
I've even begun to think about a dog bone air cleaner as an option.

Any and all suggestions are welcome.

Thanks
Mike Thomas
Panteras Northwest