[DeTomaso] ZF losses

chris terp thefuture98070 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 25 20:07:49 EDT 2008

Really - 20%?  Has anyone else had this experience?  I think I'll need a blower...or nitrous..or something...

  Chris Terp
  #6751  (finally found the number)

Charles Engles <cengles at cox.net> wrote:
  Dear Will,

Some time back there were several postings of engine dyno
results on the dyno stand and on a chassis dyno. IIRC the average loss of
measured horsepower from the dyno stand to the chassis dyno was about twenty
percent loss. .
Discussion was extensive as to where the twenty percent
went: exhaust system restrictions, internal ZF friction, or etc. No
consensus was reached except that there is an undeniable difference between
the dyno stand and sitting in your Pantera and that the sink for the twenty
percent loss contains various potential culprits.

Warmest regards, Chuck Engles