[DeTomaso] Notes, warnings, cautions about fuel tank vent

hoppe1 at cox.net hoppe1 at cox.net
Tue Mar 25 18:28:20 EDT 2008

I hesitate to say anything about this because it sounds so dangerous, but what I did was install duct tape on the inside of the tank.  It sounds impossible but I was able to cover the rivets on the inside and then the rest of the hole on the outside.  My thought was to make a bearier from the fumes to where I was working.  The duct tape also catches the rivet pieces.  After you drill the heads off you push the rivets down and then remove the duct tape to keep the rivets from falling in.

Your choice is your risk to do.
Rich