[DeTomaso] Preload.

Paul - Home thedrol at pobox.com
Tue Mar 25 10:50:30 EDT 2008

If your rockers are non-adjustable the only way to change pre-load is to
shim the rockers or to buy longer/shorter push rods.

I don't know if the stock motor had hydraulic lifters or solid lifters,
though I suspect they were hydraulic.  When I put together my hydraulic
lifter motor, I counted the turns on the rocker are bolt.  Then I did
some math to figure how that relates to lifter pre-load.

Paul