[DeTomaso] Notes, warnings, cautions about fuel tank vent replacement?

tony DiGiovanna tonydigi at optonline.net
Mon Mar 24 22:27:07 EDT 2008

If drilling slowly, the chances of ignition are very low.  However, this is
one of those things you don't ever want to be wrong about.  Gas tanks can be
dangerous.  Gas tanks with an opening even more so.  Even seemingly empty
gas tanks are dangerous.  Fuel vapors and bizzare ignition sources like
drill motors, drop lights, and drop light switches are poor combinations.  I
emptied, removed, vented, washed, and aired-out my tank before doing
anything to it.  Think about how you're going to justify your actions to
yourself and loved ones while in burn rehabilitation.