[DeTomaso] Notes, warnings, cautions about fuel tank vent replacement?

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Mon Mar 24 21:59:48 EDT 2008

In a message dated 3/24/08 18 54 7, rimov at charter.net writes:

> There is really no other way to remove the rivets than to drill them out
> carefully.

Thanks Paul.

JC Christian suggested using an air drill, and I've been lusting after a good
90-degree drill for years, so I took it upon myself to capitalize upon the
situation and just ordered a 90-degree air drill from Harbor Freight.   Earlier
today I ordered a super-duper fuel filter.   When all the boxes arrive, I'll
get to work.

I presume that the vent window will have to come out, and I know that it just
pushes out.   But there's got to be more to it than that--does anybody have
any tips, tricks, techniques for getting the window out smoothly?