[DeTomaso] Brake booster Only

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Tue Mar 18 22:49:42 EDT 2008

In a message dated 3/18/08 3:53:40 PM, PersoCaddy at aol.com writes:
snip.....
> The exact problem is that the threaded rod that sticks out the front of the
> old booster will not come out. The vendor says to just swap the old one onto
> the new one, which should come with that part
> already attached. Well there is no way in hell that part is coming off, it
> is captured by a ball joint, and is not removable by humans. Jack what do
> you think

On every one I've seen, the short front rod AND the long rear rod either
screws in or simply lays in a cup. If you're returning it, try some minor
brutality to unscrew it. That fitting inside is bonded to the big rubber diaphragm and
cannot have been put on before assembly of the can. Its probably just screwed
in tight but of course, too much force will rip the rubber disc. Good luck,
Pat- J Deryke