[DeTomaso] Gaskets

John Taphorn jtaphorn at kingwoodcable.com
Mon Mar 17 22:10:16 EDT 2008

Will asks

> What brand gaskets are superior for intale, heads, valve covers, etc? ROL,
> Mr Gasket, Fel-pro.....?

I propose this premium gasket set from Fel-Pro with Summit Part #s.  I have
used others, but these are as good or better.  Do not confuse these gaskets
with Fel-Pros complete gasket kits.  Those gaskets are inferior.  Also, I am
not using the valley pan on the intake.

      Engine Gaskets   FPP-2710 $25.95
      Oil Pan Gaskets   FPP-1811 $13.95
      Intake Manifold -Printoseal Gasket   FPP-1228 $19.95
      Exhaust Header Gasket   FPP-1416 $19.95
      Head Gaskets (2) Permatorque  $32.95 FPP-1013 $65.90

Valve Cover (rubber)
FPP-1616                     $16.95

They have recently modified the Permatorque head gaskets. The last set that
I ordered were black verses blue and had a blue sealing line surrounding the
water passages.  Similar to the blue sealing stripe around the intakes on
the intake gaskets for those who are familar with the product..

JT