[DeTomaso] tire info

Scott Couchman scottcouchman at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 17 20:40:50 EDT 2008

I know there has been allot of tire chat of 15s.
I spent some time looking with little luck on finding a
solution of 225-50s and 285 or 295 50-15s of any speed rating,
DOT race tires,  or less than desirable brands with matching tread
that are available.
Am I looking in the right place and is there a solution in those sizes.
Thanks in advance.

Kirk

Kirk, I bought a set of the Toyos last Friday from a dealer in LA.
Under $500 out the door and I didn't have to order on-line and
then look for someone to install them. They seem fine, but
look more like import-tuner-tires rather than traditional-70's-era
tires you might find on a GT40. I bought them because they're one
of the last options for 15" wheels with any kind of decent speed
rating. I'm happy not to be driving around on tires that are older
than kids.