[DeTomaso] tire info

Garth Rodericks garth_rodericks at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 17 16:14:18 EDT 2008

Stock Goodyear Arriva’s (front):
  size: C60V-15 (215/60-15)
  overall diameter: 23.5”

  Toyo Proxes 4 (front):
  size: 225/50-15
  overall diameter: 23.9”

  The tires are very close. Only 4/10ths of an inch difference. That means the sidewalls are less than a 1/4" apart. It would obviously help to roll the fender lip to protect against pulling it out if you hit a curb too fast while turning - I still need to do this. But, the Toyo's are over 3/4" smaller in overall diameter than the 205/60-15 BFG Comp TAs they replaced, and I never had a problem with tire rub with those either. Granted, my car hasn't been lowered.

  Cheers!
  Garth

Kirk Evans <kre at adelphia.net> wrote:
          Garth,

  How about the 225-50s as compared to the C60-15s on size? I do not have the formula at my finger tips to calculate. Thanks Garth.

  Kirk