[DeTomaso] tire info

Garth Rodericks garth_rodericks at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 17 12:43:29 EDT 2008

Kirk,

  IMO the absolute BEST option for tires for 15" Campys are the Toyo Proxes.

  Front: Toyo Proxes 4 225-50-15 (V rated)
Rear: Toyo Proxes ST 295-50-15 (H rated)

Best prices I've found are here:
http://www.ec-securehost.com/OnlineTires.com/Toyo_Proxes_4.html ($71ea.)
http://www.ec-securehost.com/OnlineTires.com/Toyo_ST.html#ToyoST ($100ea.)

  The tread pattern between the two Toyo's is very similar, and when viewed from the side, the
  tires look identical. There's another suitable tire for the front with a closer tread pattern,
  however the treadblocks on the edge of the tire are different, which causes them to look
  mismatched when viewed from the side.

  You can read about others' experiences with these tires here:
  http://pantera.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1510042044/m/1370000094

  I put these tires on my 72 pre-L last year and love em!  Worlds better than the BFG's I had
  on there before. Much better handling, better initial turn in response, and less effort required
  to turn.

  Cheers!
  Garth