[DeTomaso] Starter Good News bad News

PersoCaddy at aol.com PersoCaddy at aol.com
Sat Mar 15 18:23:35 EDT 2008

Hi, Good news I got my car started, just had to give it enough  gas !. Bad
news my Gary Hall mini brute starter spins but does not engage the  flywheel. I
have the original starter solenoid from 1972 put in Italy. I  have a fancy
Stock Car solenoid from Longacre racing ( P/N LON4590)on my  garage wall for 3
years, maybe I should put it in ? It has 2 heavy terminals at  9:00 and 3:00 and
a little one in between. That's the start signal I assume. the  battery is
fully charged, I cranked the car a few times to get it started and  all was
fine, then one try and it didn't spin but the next time it worked.  Now it just
spins and no crank. Regards Pat Orlando Yellow 1972 Pantera S/N  4011