[DeTomaso] Felt or Carpet for the front trunk?

Charles Engles cengles at cox.net
Sat Mar 15 16:21:17 EDT 2008

Dear Mike,

                 I bought my first Pantera with only 2191 miles on it.   It
was a bone stock 1974 Pantera L.   It had the factory felt for the front
trunk.   After packing the car full for its first trip to Vegas ( 2500 miles
round trip),  when I returned I was dismayed to see that the various items
in the front trunk had eroded-abraded the felt and left numerous blemishes
and flaws.  The rest of the car tolerated the trip well.   Based on the
fragility and thinness of the stock felt material, I would recommend the
carpet solution.   The other Pantera has already had that treatment.  Go
with the carpet.   It is more resilient and robust.

                               Warmest regards, Chuck Engles