[DeTomaso] efi fuel pump

Paul Timko thedrol at pobox.com
Sat Mar 15 16:09:32 EDT 2008

Generally an EFI fuel pump will have a pressure regulator set to around
48psi.  The bleed off of fuel to keep the pressure at this point is
returned to either the fuel tank or a special fuel surge tank.

It is possible for an EFI fuel system pump to either run continuously or
it can also run occasionally.  It depends on the system, though I
believe that most after-market EFI systems will run continuously.

Paul