[DeTomaso] mesh for grill

Garth Rodericks garth_rodericks at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 14 18:05:21 EDT 2008

We have a bunch of wire mesh on the walls and ceiling of my office building as an
  architectural detail and it looks just like the mesh used in the grill of the Pantera. I'm
  tempted to bring some tin snips to work some day and grab some. Seriously, I'm sure
  something similar if not identical is available.

  Here are some that look close - contact them and let us know which one is spot on:
  http://www.customcargrills.com/products.asp?id=46
  http://www.mcnichols.com/products/wiremesh/squaremesh/squareweave/
  http://www.stainlesssteelwiremesh.com/stainlesssteelwiremesh/stainless_steel_woven_wire_mesh.htm
  http://www.sr-wiremesh.com/wire%20mesh%20catalog.htm
  http://www.wovenwire.com/reference/squaremesh.htm
  http://www.howardwire.com/square_mesh.html
  http://www.wire-mesh-netting.com/wire-mesh/wire%20mesh%20quare.htm
  http://www.mesh-wire.org/wiremeshcloth/wiremesh/galvanized_iron_square_mesh.htm

  FWIW, it may prove a challenge to replace just the mesh screen in the grill. The screen is
  welded in place on the back side of the opening and will need to be carefully cut away with a
  cut-off wheel.  On my car (72 pre-L) it's not just tacked into place, but it's welded in
  place with a piece of metal over the screen edges.

  Cheers!
  Garth