[DeTomaso] Frozen Trunion Shaft

Mike Thomas mbefthomas at comcast.net
Sat Mar 8 13:31:06 EST 2008

Doug Braun and I are helping Chris Kimball get his car ready for Vegas.  We
have the right rear upright undone from the ball joint and are trying to get
the trunion shaft loose.  It is frozen in the bottom of the upright.  We
have tried to get some liquid wrench in there, and have been whacking the
ends of the shaft (with nuts in place) for some time, and it will not break
loose.

What are out options at this point.  We have heard that some have cut
through where the face of the thrust bearing assembly cap is, but that looks
tricky as hell.

Any and all ideas are welcome.

Thanks in advance.
Mike Thomas, Pres