[DeTomaso] throw-out bearing carrier

P. Rimov rimov at charter.net
Thu Mar 6 21:11:02 EST 2008

While inspecting the ZF throw-out bearing carrier I noticed it catches just before full throw/engagement and then again back. The carrier seems pretty loose on the shaft. It seem like it is catching on the inside of the casting just were the casting has a 1/4 relief inside the carrier . I don't think this is good. I just had the ZF service by Lloyd. I would have thought he would have caught this. I will try to give him a call in the morning but I have been unsuccessful all day to reach him. This may be what has caused the crank bearing end play problem and bearing problems. Any suggestions

Cheers

Paul