[DeTomaso] shock isolators

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Thu Mar 6 14:13:21 EST 2008

By 'shock isolators', I think you mean the rubber washers that are used
between both stock spring-ends and the shock mounts. On aftermarket shocks, these
rubber washers are not used since aftermarket shocks are meant for racing, and
racers don't much care if things are noisy. It would not be hard to make a
pair from sheet-rubber or even urethane maybe 1/4" thick, but they would
introduce a slight delay in some handling parameters. If the springs are rattling
around severely, you have the wrong spring lengths or the wrong shock lengths,
maybe with the car adjusted too low. On some racecars where the springs rattle
and sometimes cock sideways giving odd handling, mechanics add hold-down clamps
to the spring-ends, or add travel limiters to the suspension. I'd just get the
right length springs for the application. Good luck- J Deryke