[DeTomaso] shock isolators

Ken Green kenn_green at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 6 13:16:03 EST 2008

If you use spacers to take up the gap won't you just get the same result as adjusting the spring seats to raise the car?

  It sounds like the extended length of the shocks is too long for the application.  Is this happening on the front and rear?  Is it on the front because you have the ride height adjusted low?

  Looking at the Aldan catalog, it appears that the Hall shock (758HP) is suppose to use a 12 inch spring.  Did Hall use a shorter spring?

  Ken

Matt Bradley <apollo73 at yahoo.com> wrote:
  I called Aldan. They said none of their shocks come with such a thing. Shop says that without them, when
I hit a big bump or something, the springs could bang around, and that they already see evidence of this
happening before, nicking the threading.