[DeTomaso] Panteras at the Willow...

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Thu Mar 6 12:57:50 EST 2008

In a message dated 3/6/08 9 50 41, teampantera at yahoo.com writes:

> Excellent report Mike....I heard Larry Stock was the 'only' Pantera in the
> Red Group running against some fast movers.

This was what Larry reported to me the other day....

=====

Mike,

 I just ran with Team Pantera of Orange County at Willow Springs last
Saturday. Apparently Jim Saxton’s mail list includes the Southern California ALMS
Series boys and their 18 wheelers for a little warm up competition ahead of their
season opener at Sebring beginning March 12. I was a rolling chicane out
there. I’m doing 1:45, and they are running 1:30’s in their 2008 997 Porsches, GT3
’s and Vipers. But I was the only Pantera to run in the race group.

I beat out two very fast stripped down Miatas and a Ferrari (see attached).
Started 18 of 21 cars finished 14th, but only got lapped once in my 11 laps.
Got to go now and fix the wind damage from having my doors blown off. :>)

=====

HAHAHA!!!   Good job Larry!