[DeTomaso] shock isolators

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Thu Mar 6 12:34:59 EST 2008

In a message dated 3/6/08 9 30 20, kenn_green at yahoo.com writes:

> Maybe just call Aldan (http://www.aldaneagle.com/) and ask them?
>
>   I thought the "isolators" on the original shocks were really spacers to
> raise the car?

Right.   I know of no aftermarket shocks that come with any sort of rubber or
poly 'isolators' between the springs and the spring perches, if that is what
you are suggesting.   If the springs are shorter than the fully extended shock
height, then care must be made when lowering the car back onto its wheels to
keep the springs centered.   My Carrera shocks came to me with the springs
zip-tied to the upper spring perch to keep them properly located.