[DeTomaso] Valve question

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Thu Mar 6 02:21:31 EST 2008

In a message dated 3/5/08 1:12:13 PM, doug at silicondesigns.com writes:

> The Manley Race series and Severe Duty series stainless valves listed in
> their catalog don't have an undercut stem which they call their "flo" option.
> They can however supply the "flo" option on a custom order basis. Does anyone
> have experience with undercut stem valves on a cleveland to know
> if the added cost (about $170 per set of 16 valves) provides enough of a
> flow improvement benefit.

As I said, I installed these Manley valves on the intake side- not to
increase flow which Clevelands already have too much of- but   to lighten up the big
intake valves for a few more rpms. I never did a dyno-test of the engine but
can attest to occasional 6000+rpm   blasts and 17 years of untouched driving
fun using the cam grinder's recommended springs. Good luck- J Deryke