[DeTomaso] Cleveland 2v vs 4v heads

P. Rimov rimov at charter.net
Thu Mar 6 00:58:16 EST 2008

I am sure Sir Daniel Jones will chime in on this one as he is our resident
expert on 2v vs 4v options.  For the street the 2v Aussi heads are the way
to go in my humble opinion. Dan helps me set up my mildly built Cleveland
with Aussi 2v heads, Performer and 725 Demon which makes 393hp/425ft at 5700
rpm and 3800 rpm respectively. The Aussi 2v heads with a two plane manifold
like a Performer lack the 4000rpm kick the 4v heads have but have a really
long flat torque and horse power curve right of idle. My engine is done at
5700 but that is due to my cam, exhaust and intake choice. An option for
more hp/torque with the Assui heads is with the Weiand X which will make
more peak hp, give you the 4000rpm kick as that of the 4v heads and keeps
going well past 6500 but there is some loss of torque and hp on the bottom,
idle is not as nice and it takes a bit more time to warm up. If you are
looking for great heads for typical street driving the Aussi 2v heads are
the way to go. However, if you are looking for really big power then the 4v
closed chamber heads or aluminum race heads are a better flavor.

Paul