[DeTomaso] Heater Blower Assembly Refurbishment

clay willmott claywillmott at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 4 14:25:20 EST 2008

I have the entire heater core/assembly, blower motor out of my car and does anyone have any suggestions on refurbishment?  I have heater shut offs so I dont know if it leaks.  While installing an larm, power door locks and fixing electrical issues I decided to fix the blower motor and clean out all the crap thats blows out in my eyes.

The inside around the core is dirty and the foam on the sides has deteriorated.
I planned to clean, find foam to ?glue on the inside of the box, pressure check the heater core/AC, and repalce the damaged squirrel cage with the new "quiet one" assembly motor/cage.  Any idea what type of insulation to use on the walls and what to glue it with?  I will use the heater 1-2 months per year and the AC on occasion.
I have a new AC expansion valve.  The ac switch works.  Then put new insulation tape over everything.
Any thing else I should do while I have it all out?  The hoses are new except the drain hose on the bottom which was dry rotted and broke when I tired to remove it.
I dont want to ever take all this out again so I thought I would ask now.........

Thanks
Clay