[DeTomaso] Oh Really... Me too.

LaurieFerrari at aol.com LaurieFerrari at aol.com
Tue Mar 4 01:46:03 EST 2008

I did too (grew up around Fords, that is).  Mom had a Model A as  her first
car.  She just loved them even though they were about 25  years old.  I recall
once when I was six, the top was so  tattered and it was raining. I had to
hold an umbrella above our heads  while she drove on the Hollywood Freeway. I'm
sure we looked like escapees  from a Laurel & Hardy set. Next she had a '31
Cabriolet, the rare  one with the slant windshield, totally original and
unrestored including  the mohair. It's still in the family, now my brother's.  As
growing up we spent many a weekend at Model A Club events.  In fact Mom  even
named the Club's Newspaper, "The Rumble Sheet."  That name still  survives today,
even though she is gone.  She was the best!  Not  only a car gal but a
professional violinist who came to Hollywood from  NY after graduating Juilliard
School of Music and winner of the  most coveted Walter Damrosch award.

In a message dated 3/3/2008 6:27:58 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,