[DeTomaso] Putting a small block Chevrolet in a 1973 pantera

wkooiman at earthlink.net wkooiman at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 3 22:09:34 EST 2008

I don't really care about what's "correct".  We're not doing concours Panteras.  I just don't see the point in swapping in a 350 Chevy.

If you take a stock 351C and do a typical rebuild, you will have more HP than most built 350's.  If you want more, strokers are easy.  If that's not enough, do a big block, hemi, turbos, blowers, etc.  It just doesn't make sense to do a 350 based engine, unless as Mike D said, you already have one built with no home.

Of course, I don't care if someone does a 350 Chevy in their Pantera.  Besides, it's usually pretty easy to reverse.

Will.