[DeTomaso] Putting a small block Chevrolet in a 1973 pantera

John Zeedick Pantera351C at Hotmail.Com
Mon Mar 3 15:10:05 EST 2008

All:

Detomaso installed ford and hemi engines in a pantera after the deal with
ford broke down. Lee Iaccoca looked into making the Pantera a viable
Chrysler product and had a hemi installed. Detomaso also installed a bimmer
motor in the first guara before switching to ford. I am a firm believer if
the the maker of the car installed different makes of engines in his cars
then it is fair game to install that engine in any model the company
built...hence Pantera performances 427...etc etc...they are still FORD
motors. I kind of like the idea of a Bimmer motor or Goran's Hemi for our
Cats. If you want a chevy engine behind you...buy a factory five GTR, strip
a corvette and get to work......but then a ford motor in a FFR
GTR....well.....you know where this is going.

Power by Henry will always trump a chevy in my book

John Z