[DeTomaso] Electrical Gremlins still live!

Christopher Kimball chrisvkimball at msn.com
Sun Mar 2 21:13:15 EST 2008

I'm assuming you're using the stock alternator gauge.  What does it read when the car is running?  Does it show a discharge?

I had several weird problems until I took out the gauge and wire-brushed the terminals, nuts, washers and connectors, then re-attached
it all.  Once I did that, and realized all my accessories had to be hooked to the alternator side, not the battery positive side (which
seemed completely counter-intuitive at first) I've had no problems since.

Good luck--electrical problems can really be draining...

Chris