[DeTomaso] Timing Problem

Barry Seib oldwheel at mts.net
Sat Mar 1 19:34:49 EST 2008

Art
Perhaps you have the right firing order in the cap but have put all of the wires back in rotated one hole behind where they were? Are you sure you put wire for cyl #1 back in the same hole in the cap it was in before? I assume you had all the plug wires out of the cap.
Barry
 [DeTomaso] Timing Problem
Art Stephens artstephens at charter.net
Sat Mar 1 17:16:05 CST 2008

  a.. Previous message: [DeTomaso] Timing Problem
  b.. Next message: [DeTomaso] Shaved door handles
  c.. Messages sorted by: [ date ] [ thread ] [ subject ] [ author ]

> Are you sure you are getting good spark? Did you have the key on when you
> adjusted the valves?

        I pulled every plug wire one at a time last night while the engine
was running to make sure I was getting fire at every cylinder.  I had fire
at all eight cylinders but now that you mention it,  the fire may have been
more orange than blue?  I don't think I had the key on when I adjusted the
valves?

Thanks Larry,
Art