[DeTomaso] Timing Problem

Larry - Ohio Time Corp larry at ohiotimecorp.com
Sat Mar 1 17:53:36 EST 2008

Art,

What you are talking about was called static timing back in the day. You
could get the timing close with a test light wired in. As you turned the diz
the points would open and the light would go out. In this world you are
looking to make sure the rotor is just pointing at the #1 wire on TDC. All
this is telling you is that the diz is in right.

When the motor is running all kinds of other things come into play. You may
get some advance at idle depending how things are hooked up.

Are you sure you are getting good spark? Did you have the key on when you
adjusted the valves?

Larry - Cleveland