[DeTomaso] Another Odd Pantera on ebay

Tomas Gunnarsson guson at home.se
Sat Mar 1 05:45:56 EST 2008

What I wanted to point out was that the smaller opening is universal for the early cars (to my knowledge) as is the wider opening to the later cars. The shape of the rear wheel wells and the front trunk could mean that a very late narrow body car inherited the chassis number from an early car with US papers. That doesn't explain the missing letter in the vin though.

For reference, check out this pic of a 1980 (#9131) engine bay: http://www.alfapower.nu/gallery/skokloster-06/Skokloster_06_032

Tomas