[DeTomaso] Rear Camber Bar

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Mon Jun 30 02:07:18 EDT 2008

In a message dated 6/29/08 12:21:44 PM, msm at portata.com writes:

> If the camber bar is pushed to the end of the slots and snugged tight by
> the camber bar's turnbuckle and there is no bending of the tabs, is there a
> real problem?

In my estimation, no one can guarantee one of those lightweight tabs won't
bend or crack since they are now typically taking bigger side-loads from wider
stickier modern tires. And since the whole idea with these bars is to stiffen
up the rear suspension, I don't think the rear is any stiffer than with a stock
bar. Until someone does real chassis-stiffness testing, this seems to be a
way of spending money without improving the machine except in looks. My
opinion-J DeRyke