[DeTomaso] Rear upright removal, photo gallery

Tomas Gunnarsson guson at home.se
Sun Jun 29 16:52:09 EDT 2008

Putting a zerk in the upright gets you grease where the movement is. Greasing a hollow bolt will get you grease between two static parts unless the outer part is also drilled. With that said the factory parts are teflon coated and designed to run dry. I put a zerk in the upright anyway. I have found that I can't get much grease in anyway as long as the o-rings at the shaft ends are in good shape. Remember that the rotating assembly is shimmed during assembly to avoid pinching the axial thrust washers.

Tomas