[DeTomaso] Sad to see

Charles Engles cengles at cox.net
Sun Jun 29 12:57:20 EDT 2008

Dear Michael,

                 I am glad to hear that he was well regarded by the other
guys in the pits and starting grid.   I spoke with him two or three times by
phone and he was helpful and pleasant.   I got the idea to ask him to come
to the Rally as the guest speaker too late.   When I broached the idea, he
was afflicted with malignant melanoma and could not commit.    I highly
recommend his two articles, IIRC, in Pantera International for front line
experience in big league Pantera racing.  It was not easy for Hugh, even
with all his resources and experience.

                      Warmest regards, Chuck Engles