[DeTomaso] Rear Brakes Install

forestg at att.net forestg at att.net
Sat Jun 28 22:31:18 EDT 2008

 Sean,
This is how I do it. Leave caliper mounted on car, remove pads, use square shank screwdriver to turn piston so slot is at 45 degrees to vertical. Push assembly inward, install inner pad, use a bar to pry the assembly outward between the rotor and the elephant ear where the outer pad will seat. Once all movement has been gotten remove inner pad and rotate slot in piston to vertical. Push ear and caliper assembly inward and install inner pad. Pry assembly back out and install outer pad. Install U clip and push break pedal to take up slack. This has always worked for me.
Good luck,
Forest
 -------------- Original message from "sean mundy" <seanmundy at hotmail.com>: --------------