[DeTomaso] DeTomaso on auction yesterday

Curt Hall cuvee at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jun 26 22:45:58 EDT 2008

Yeah...that's it!
  Then everybody can call our Pantera's...The Dancing Donkeys

MikeLDrew at aol.com wrote:

In a message dated 6/26/08 10 04 51, msm at portata.com writes:

> That assumes that they really want to sell it.  There can be business and
> legal advantages to having an auction prove or to disprove the value of an
> asset without really selling it.
>
> There was a PCNC member whose wife was on him about money, so he agreed to
> sell his Pantera.  He advertised it for sale with a price of $65,000.  Nobody
> bought it.

There's something to be said for having unrealistic expectations--that guy
eventually convinced a guy with a Ferrari 355 Spyder to trade straight across!
He then turned around and sold the Ferrari for substantially more than he had
ever asked for the Pantera. :>)

Having said that, the De Tomaso name and etc. are virtually worthless, as we
have seen today, because of the way it has been neglected and run down over
the years.

Maybe we can convince Luca di Montezemolo to trade straight across for the
Ferrari name? :>)

Mike

Gas prices getting you down? Search AOL Autos for
fuel-efficient used cars.