[DeTomaso] FlowKooler Water pumps

Dave Doddek pantera at pobox.com
Thu Jun 26 19:23:14 EDT 2008

I have the flowkooler pump in the pantera.  The rivets the hold the backing
plate on rub he metal plate chain cover.  I had to grind them down a
little.  I also tack welded the plate to the impeller.  I cannot say for
sure or not if it helped as I made many other changes at the same time.
But I can say it has not given me any problems in 10 years of use, and my
car does not overheat.  I can run at the thermostat temp at idle on a 90
deg day for ever, even after just pulling in from the highway.  Is it
because of pump, not likely, more likely my radiator and fan setup.  Did
the pump help, perhaps.

Dave "at least it cools" D