[DeTomaso] Parts is Parts?

Daniel C Jones daniel.c.jones2 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 12:44:58 EDT 2008

> headliner - Re-dye and re-glue the original (http://www.banzairunnerpantera.com/techinfo_headliner.htm),
> or get a new reproduction from Pantera East.

I might give that a try.  I need to get some of that closed cell foan anyway.
My Mustang's horn button is no longer available new and the used parts have
the same problem.  Instead of a spring, Ford used closed cell foam between
two copper discs with raised pads.  The foam acts as the spring to keep the
copper discs aparat but over time, the foam breaks down.  In the middle of
the night, I was awakened to the sound of the horn going off.

> brake master cylinder - Stick with original style, readily available
> inexpensively from the vendors.

Sounds good.

> camber lock kit - I have a Hall camber lock kit which was on the car when
> I bought it. And I've heard good things about Quella's kit.

I've got Quellas on the red Pantera.  It works and fit as advertised so
I'll likely go with another for the white car.

> coolant tube hose kit - I bought Gates Green Stripe hose and hi-torque
> stainless clamps (http://www.banzairunnerpantera.com/updates_radhose.htm).
> I haven't replaced the tubes, yet.

I stipped and painted the tubes from the red car.  They are quite solid.
I'll swap them over to the white car.  Might do the same on the tanks.
that'll save some time getting the car back on the road.

> emergency flasher switch - Rebuild your current one (http://www.banzairunnerpantera.com/updates_hazardswitch.htm).

Got that one covered thanks to a generous list member.

Thanks,
Dan Jones